Traps are stationary devices usually found in tombs and dungeons. When you or any of your pets approach a trap, it starts launching projectiles at certain intervals into all directions. Traps are generally immune to certain damage types such as poison, vitality and life-leech. They can drop the Mechanical Parts monster charm.
If going melee against a trap, you might get hit by multiple projectiles, thereby quickly losing health. Ranged attackers can try to position themselves between the firing lines, thereby not getting hit at all.
- Blade Traps fling 12 sharp arrows into all directions, dealing physical/piercing damage.
- Fire Traps launch 6 fire bolts into all directions, which bounce off walls and deal a good amount of fire damage upon impact.
- Frost Traps launch 8 frost bolts into all directions, which cause cold damage and slow down the target.
- Dark Obelisk are 'kind-of traps', which deal damage through summoned undead creatures.
- The Rogue Mastery's skill Disarm Traps skill reduces damage taken from traps/devices and increases damage dealt to traps/devices.
- Rogues may also set their own traps using Lay Trap and it's synergy skills. These traps are called Bolt Traps. Several Trapper monster types use this skill as well.
- Some bosses are protected by a couple of traps, including the Minotaur Lord and the Chimera.