The Yerren are a type of monster encountered in the middle and later Orient (Act III). They are Beastmen and look like large Neanderthals with red-brown skin, and they also use the same type of 'primate sounds'. Yerren warriors move around very quickly and they can easily overwhelm the player in numbers, especially when accompanied by a hero.
All Yerren have basic resistances to Physical, Pierce and Fire attacks. In turn, nearly all of their attacks are of these damage types, too.
Yerren are later encountered in large numbers in the Jinghe Wetlands, close to the gate to Chang'an.
Whitefur Yerren are encountered in the mountainous regions of The North (Act V).
- Tribesman/Thunderfist. Basic melee fighters wielding a spear. Thunderfists are the higher level variant. Pierce and Bleeding resistances are useful.
- Archer/Eagle-eye. Basic ranged fighters using a bow. Eagle-eyes are the higher level variant. Pierce and bleeding resistances are recommended, especially when they are in packs. High percentage of avoid projectiles also recommended.
- Spiritspeaker (Champion). The Yerren spellcasters, adept in dealing fire damage. Before participating in battle, they usually protect themselves with an Energy Shield (which also gives some time to take them out). In battle, they use two fire spells in addition to regular staff attacks: The first one lobs three small boulders over a short distance, which deal direct fire damage. The second spell covers a small area in flames, which also deal direct fire damage (this spell is also used by Gorgon Profaners). They have almost no resistances against physical damages.
- War Chief (Champion). These dual-wielding melee fighters are easily distinguished by the yellow fur on their backs. They have a buff active, allowing them to deal extra Physical and Fire damage. They are also the only Yerrens to wear armor.
- Wolfbiter, Clan Hunt master - Yerren Hero
- Mountainstrider, Tribal Elder - Yerren Hero
- Swiftstream, Chieftain of the Five Clans - Yerren Hero
- Chief Nunatak ~ Whitefur Yerren Hero (Ragnarok)
- Jormun the Glacier ~ Whitefur Yerren Hero (Ragnarok)
War Chiefs and the heroes are the only Yerren to wear armor. There are three pieces of Yerren equipment:
- Yerren Garb
- Yerren Bracers
- Yerren Greaves
The Yeren (actually written with one 'r') or Chinese Wildman is a Chinese legendary creature, often described as monkey-man with reddish colored hair and a height of 6 to 8 feet (1.80 to 2.40 meter). Like Bigfoot, the Yeren is peaceful and will generally quietly walk away when encountering people in the Zhejiang province. - Wikipedia: Yeren